A Gantt Chart is a horizontal bar chart that Illustrates a Project Schedule. Gantt Chart illustrates the start and finish dates of the elements of a project. Modern Gantt charts also show the dependency (i.e., precedence network) relationships between activities.
Below is the Example of a Gantt Chart that depicts the Launch of a New Product:
Follow below steps to Create this Chart:
- Select the data range B3:D10 and Create a Stacked Bar Chart
- Delete the Legend
- Select the Category (Vertical) axis and display the format axis task pane
- In the Axis Options Section, specify categories in reverse order to display the tasks in order, starting at the top; choose horizontal axis crosses at maximum category to display dates at the bottom
- Select the start date data series and display the format data series task pane
- In the Series options section, set the series overlap to 100%; in the fill section, specify No Fill; in the border section, specify No Line.
- In the Axis options sections, adjust the minimum and maximum settings to accommodate the dates that you want to display on the axis. (when you enter a date value, the excel converts it to a date serial number. In the example, the minimum is 03-01-2018 and maximum is 05-02-2018
Watch youtube Video Below: