Many a times we need to show actual data and forecast as a single trending component. When we are showing the data together, we want to ensure that the target audience can clearly distinguish where actual data ends and where forecasting begins. Refer below Chart: In order to achieve it, follow below steps:
- 2017 Sales and 2018 forecast should be in two separate columns so that when charted, you get two distinct data series.
- In Cell C15, ENTER Formula=D15. This will ensure continuous data trend line (without gaps), when the to data series are charted together.
- Now we have the appropriate structure data set, you can create a simple line chart.
- Click the data series that represent 2018 forecast and select format data series
- Adjust the properties to format the series color, thickness and style.